Please review all instructions carefully before submitting the application form. If you have not done so already, please review the General Policies and Procedures for Career Planning funded internship grants and fellowships.
Career Planning oversees administration for the Career Planning Funded Internship Grant and the McKinley Summer Fellowship grant.
With the application form, you will need to submit the following:
- Your resume
- Unofficial Academic History from Polaris (Click here for instructions).
- Personal statement describing why you chose your internship, and how it will help you explore a career field or reach your career goals. (For guidance on writing a personal statement, you can review our guide)
- Two letters of recommendation (see instruction below).
- Letter of commitment from the organization on company/organization letterhead. The letter should describe in some detail what your responsibilities will be in your internship.
- For McKinley Grant Only: If you are proposing a self-designed project, you will also need to submit a budget, if applicable.
Attaching documents: You will need to attach your resume, transcript, personal statement, and letter of commitment at the end of the online application form below. Please make sure you have these items completed before you start the application form. You will be unable to submit the form without the attachments.
Letters of Recommendation: To complete your application, you will need to have two letters of recommendation sent directly to Career Planning by your recommenders as e-mail attachments before noon on March 28, 2018, with the subject “Recommendation for YOUR NAME”. The email with the attachment should be sent to email@example.com. Please send this information to your recommenders when requesting your letters.
YOU MAY ONLY SUBMIT ONE APPLICATION FOR ONE GRANT!
The deadline to apply for summer 2019 is Wednesday, March 27, 2019, by 12:00pm. Forms submitted after this time will not be accepted.